Welcome to ASURE Twin Rivers Motel, Taumarunui
In the heart of King Country, Twin Rivers Motel lies at the confluence of the Ongarue and Whanganui rivers in Taumarunui, and is perfectly positioned at the gateway to the awe-inspiring Ruapehu District.
Whatever your adventure, there's something on the doorstep for everyone, from kayaking, jet boating and fishing, to golf, mountain biking, tramping and snow sports. If you're looking for a perfect base to explore all of the treasures of this snowy region, Twin Rivers Motel is the perfect home away from home.
Twin Rivers Motel consists of 12 fully self-contained and serviced ground-floor units. We offer guests the choice of nine studios, two 1-bedroom units and one 2-bedroom villa.
Our accommodation includes all of the following features, facilities and services: colour TV; in-room phone; fax and WiFi internet access; fully equipped kitchen, including microwave; in-room tea and coffee; electric blankets; heat pump; air-conditioning; laundry; courtyard BBQ; secure off-road parking; cooked and continental breakfasts if desired.
Our Facilities and Services
Courtyard and BBQ Area
- Gas BBQ
- Plenty of tables and chairs
- Peaceful, sheltered surroundings
- Ideal for families and small groups
A perfect outdoors area for eating and relaxing.
Secure Off-Road Parking
- Motorbikes welcome
- Golden Oldies members always warmly welcomed
- Ulysses Club of NZ Inc. membership affiliation
- Biker-friendly discount of 5%
Safe, secure and bikes are most welcome.
Pick-Ups and Drop-Offs
- Connections to InterCity and other bus operators
- Connections to Tongariro National Park for transport to Mt Ruapehu
- Taumarunui Jet Tours drop-off and pick-up point
Perfectly located on the Adventure Highway and at the start of the Forgotten World Highway, with access to Whanganui National Park, Tongariro National Park and the Pureora Timber Trail.